A bit about this event
“Anzac Day goes beyond the anniversary of the landing on Gallipoli in 1915. It is the day on which we remember all Australians who served and died in war and on operational service past and present. The spirit of Anzac, with its qualities of courage, mate-ship, and sacrifice, continues to have meaning and relevance for our sense of national identity.”
Dr Brendan Nelson
Combined 96th ANZAC Eve Memorial Service
Hunters Hill Council and the Hunters Hill RSL Sub Branch will be holding its annual memorial service at the Town Hall on the 24th April at 7:00 PM.
The Hunter’s Hill Council, Mayor Clr Mark Bennett and the Hunter’s Hill RSL Sub-Branch, President Major Damon Hietbrink will be holding the –
- 96th Combined ANZAC Eve Memorial Service
- 24 April, 2019
- Hunter’s Hill Town Hall
- 7.00pm (1900hrs)
Preceding this Service the Hunter’s Hill RSL Sub-Branch will hold a –
- Service of Remembrance at the Memorial Wall (corner of Alexandra and Ady Streets, Hunter’s Hill).
This Service will be conducted by Reverend Michael Armstrong (Anglican Parish of Hunter’s Hill)
- 6.30pm (1830hrs)
Following this will be the
- March up to the Town Hall – all veterans and currently serving Servicemen and Women, family, friends and community are invited to join this March.
- Step Out for March – 6.45pm (1845hrs) corner Alexandra Street and Lloyd Avenue.
- 7.00pm (1900hrs) – 96th Combined ANZAC Eve Service at Hunter’s Hill Town Hall.
- Supper to follow at the Hunter’s Hill RSL Sub-Branch Memorial Hall. All welcome.